Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Beauty Tips that Need Some Correction


Truth don't come from the tounge of the feline,
reasons are given by the man with the most dime,
can I call it crime,
don't matter,
history reapets,
climbing up this broken ladder,
society has built for me,
a destiny,
a skinny minny stilleto bikini
tight skin streched around bone,
first world throne
that every man needs to sit on,
secure his broken dreams with,
the broken self esteem 
of a sisterhood that never was,
Made from Adams bone,
eternally enslaved as a drone,
I have to write this mother fucking poem
because I can't wait for another moment
in this body thats bleeding,
raped by the media,
images convieneint,
I just gotta look like her,
Walk like that talk,
cock block every jock
with a gorgeous shock,
that stops the clock,
Caint be myself without
everyone else telling me 
I'm prettty,
enough
been spoon fed the pictures that poison the mind
of a barbie body that looks like a different species then mine,
Never good enough for the mirrors they reflect at me,
injected me with fear since I was thirteen
trying to paint my face worthy,
beauty today has got nothing to do with being healthy,
but I strive to change that,
re arrange the stain 
that has claimed 
the innosence of girls my age.
Listen to me,
don't got to chase the man with the money,
don't got to settle for just being somebody's honey,
your hobby doesn't have to be building an identity,
Never doubt that you deserve to be happy
with the who that you are,
because you are who you are,
don't got to look so far,
and I hope someday we won't just be competing
where we can respect ourselves,
and embrace a sisterhood of freedom
overcome the race, and break out of the chase
for the direction of a mans affection,
for the approval of errection,
for the fucked up standard of perfection,
for beauty tips that need some correction
intercepting misconceptions of a self deception. 



No comments:

Post a Comment