Saturday, 21 September 2013

Memory Games


Everything I had brought was coated in a layer of dust,
but each breath was so thrilling reality couldn't touch my smile.
We were fourteen year old dreamers, struggling to live within the constraints of our adolesence, and we had one thing on our minds.
Freedom.

I went there that day to meet a boy who never showed up. I know that this burned me, but the rum burned more and the gambier ganja high coasted me into a daze of adventure. There was about 20 of us on the harbour dock. All sitting around, different ages, different races, different people, but our admiration for the sacred island we were all camped upon brought us together. The city shut up, and although you could still see its halo of light from across the water this place meant escape.

Billy Joel echoed from a crappy pair of speakers and I danced and sang along. 

What makes these memories so sacred? They will one day be forgotten, and yet I hold on to them.
When I really think back they only cover up the hardship,
with fantasy smiles of a positive past outlook.

I try to learn from it,
but those days just leave me hanging.
A bold case of youth, chasing the truth,
through a blurry bottle of freedom.
I sit here believing,
that the smile I remember in my mind was so true,
and It gets me confused when I reduce those moments
to a happiness i can prove,
Cause although glory days are one hell of a time,
you burry the brokeness under nostalgic sunshine,
and it can torture your mind.
The past glimmers in the illusion of perfection,
don't forget the rejection 
that you faced in that phase,
don't only look back to inhale the glory days,
for life is all about interpretation,
how you can learn from a situation,
how you can embrace the demonstration,
of harmony that nature has destine for your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment